Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Murder on the Orient Express....

...aka LH flight 1420 Frankfurt to Bucharest.... I couldn,t attack that innocent fruit, and pansies are so human, don,t you think?


The jouneywomen, Bibi and I, are on the road again....this time on the waterways of Europe, Romania to the Netherlands...
First impressions of Romania....fields and fields of yellow of sunflowers, clusters of blue lupins....potholes in the landing field, brand new building....
New van to take us to the hotel, but we climb in through the back, doors broken.....
Bucharest! What was I thinking? It,s like Vienna, Paris... Including Arc de Triomphe

Minus the traffic and the tourists....green boulevards, stately buildings.....
On a walk later....off the main streets, concrete apartment buildings grey with grime, cars parked everywhere, graffiti as high as the arm reaches....

Bus is waiting....on to Brasov and Draculas castle....





2 comments:

  1. I'm still trying to master this gadget, it jumped off prior to my salute to heide and bibi and their grand adventure..We are awaiting our first tropical storm in Barbados tonight so I'm chatting like mad. Chantal might give us a blow Tues AM...google us! Love 2 u both from me A!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about the asian air pilot who had not landed a 777 before San Fran on Sat...What a stroke of bad/good luck...with 4 persons in cockpit somebody misscued the system...However GOD is my copilot

    ReplyDelete